- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Real Estate
- Intellectual Property
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland State University J.D. 2010
- Member of the National Moot Court Team, and Moot Court Board of Governors. Best Oralist of the 41st Annual Cleveland Marshall Moot Court Night.
- Université des Sciences Humaines de Strasbourg 2005 Strasbourg, France.
- Kalamazoo College B.A. in English Literature and Political Science 2007
- Awarded Honors for Senior Thesis. Awarded Honors for Comprehensive Exams in Political Theory
- Admitted to Ohio Bar, 2010
- Admitted in the Ohio Supreme Court
- United States District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Ohio Rising Star, 2016 – 2019
- Hershey Montessori School, Member of the Board of Directors 2016 – present
- Member of Ohio State Bar Association
- Member of American Bar Association
- Member of National Bar Association
Andrew began his legal career in 2011 as one of four lawyers in the newly opened Cleveland law firm of Yarger Radel & Pentz which focused on business litigation. Andrew assisted in representing the court appointed receiver in connection with one of the largest securities fraud cases in Ohio and obtained a settlement of $10.5 million from a national bank on behalf of victims of securities fraud, he assisted in reinstating a $15.6 million jury verdict for an asphalt manufacturer against one of the country’s largest aggregate companies, represented the largest steel foundry in North American in disputes with national manufacturers, and handled commercial and private banking foreclosures for a national bank.
In 2016 Andrew joined the law firm of Thrasher Dinsmore & Dolan where he handled a wide range of litigation and business issues including P.A.C.A. claims, employment disputes, shareholder disputes, intellectual property issues, and mergers. Andrew assisted the general counsel of a national flooring company in all matters from collections to F.L.S.A. collective actions, worked with principals on international manufacturing disputes, commercial transactions, and labor and employment issues, and he assisted several municipal law directors.
Andrew joined Sonkin & Koberna in 2018 where he handles real estate litigation, business disputes, shareholder and partnership disputes, as well as litigation arising from noncompetition agreements, misappropriation of trade secrets and other employment-related matters.
- Assisted in obtaining a $15.6 million jury verdict for an asphalt manufacturer against one of the country’s largest aggregate companies and assisted in reinstating verdict on appeal to the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Assisted in obtaining verdict of $2 million on behalf of the largest steel foundry in North American in connection with account receivable for train car components purchased in bankruptcy.
- Obtained judgment of $4.86 million against Chinese manufacturer of defective gearbox components for windmill turbines.
- Assisted in obtaining jury verdict of $744,602 for improperly withheld proceeds from the sale of apartment complexes.
- Successfully defended shareholder’s claim that several stock purchase agreements were obtained through fraud, removed complaining shareholders, and restructured companies.
- Assisted in obtaining jury verdict of $315,000 for company’s improper breach of employment agreement.