- Real estate purchases and sales, including due diligence, title, survey,
- Ground leases
- Real estate development issues
- Leasing- retail and office- including amendments, assignments, sub-leasing
- Entity formation, dissolution, documentation- LLCs, partnerships, corporations, including operating agreements/joint ventures
- Financing- acquisition loans, construction loans, refinancing loans
- Easements/ Declarations- REAs, declarations and other related easements and covenants
- Brokerage issues/negotiations
- Miscellaneous contracts issues including consultant agreements, NDAs
- The Ohio State University College of Law, JD, 1983
- Miami University (Ohio) BA Economics and Political Science, 1980
- Ohio 1983
- Presented at Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association Real Estate Institute and ICSC Regional Law Symposium
- Trustee for the Pepper Pike Civic League
- Board Member of the Orange High Alumni Association
Doug previously worked for Forest City Enterprises, Inc. (“FCE”), a publicly traded national real estate company headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, for over 30 years. He served as Associate General Counsel in the Legal Department where he focused on numerous commercial and multifamily transactions. He also served as Vice President-Development, East Coast Region for Forest City’s Commercial Development Group, where he was responsible for anchor tenant transactions, as well as outparcel leasing and peripheral land sales in the East Coast Region.
• Represented FCE in negotiating joint venture agreements for regional shopping centers, office buildings and multifamily properties across the United States.
• Negotiated reciprocal easement agreements for regional shopping centers and for a large multi-phased development project Washington, DC.
• Represented developer in redevelopment and financing of enclosed shopping center in Arlington VA. into open air, mixed use project.
• Represented joint venture’s sale of large office building in Washington, DC to insurance company.