- Real Estate and Development
- Business and Corporate
- The Ohio State University, Moritz College of Law, Columbus, Ohio, Juris Doctor, 2012
- Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah, Bachelor of Arts, 2009
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers
Tim joined Sonkin & Koberna, LLC in the Spring of 2016, prior to which he worked in the Cleveland offices of Jones Day and Thompson Hine LLP. He has represented clients from multiple industries in a variety of commercial real estate transactions, including retail leases, office and warehouse leases, ground leases, portfolio acquisitions, loans, private placements and single property acquisitions and dispositions.
- Represented a large, publicly traded manufacturing company in the negotiation and drafting of a 98-year ground lease for the development of a retail outlet mall on formerly industrial property.
- Represented a publicly traded real estate developer in connection with the acquisition of a portfolio of 100+ shopping centers.
- Represented a corporate client in the sale of environmentally remediated property located in southern Texas.
- Represented a publicly traded financing company in multiple loan transactions for the development of self-storage facilities nationwide.
- Represented a variety of clients in the negotiation, drafting and enforcement of retail leases for retailers of all sizes (big box to small shops) across the country.