- Real Estate, Construction and Development
- Business and Corporate
- Commercial Restructuring
- Capital University School of Law, J.D., 1999
- Ohio University, B.S., 1996
- Ohio, 1999
- Ohio State Bar Association
Craig joined Sonkin • Koberna in 2007 with experience representing clients in a wide range of general business and real estate transactional matters. He has significant experience in advising corporate clients and the negotiation and drafting purchase/sale agreements, contracts, leases (both domestic and international) and financing documents.
Craig provides services to business clients, including entity formation, structuring and financing, and represents their interests in connection with commercial contracts, including franchise, manufacturing, license and consulting agreements. Additionally, Craig’s real estate practice involves advising clients during each stage of a transaction – from the drafting and negotiation of purchase agreements, coordination and review of due diligence, negotiating financing documents, drafting management agreements, coordination of closings – and ultimately handling the disposition.
- Represented a seller/tenant in the sale and leaseback of a $92,000,000 commercial real estate portfolio comprised of 66 restaurant use properties in four states.
- Healthcare management company’s $23,000,000 acquisition of senior care facilities (including both the business entity and the associated real estate) throughout Ohio.
- Representation of a publically-traded global manufacturing company with respect to its portfolio of owned and leased properties. Responsible for the negotiation of lease transactions in Canada, Latin America, Great Britain and India, as well as purchase agreements in Canada and Latin America.
- Representation of a client in a private placement offering to fund the purchase of a $60,000,000 student housing portfolio, including the coordination and review of real estate due diligence (title, survey, zoning and environmental), preparation of the private placement offering, drafting of the limited liability company operating agreement, and the filing of the applicable exemptions from SEC registration.
- Regional restaurant franchisee’s purchase of a $1,750,000 restaurant site.
- Represented a national banking association in an $11,000,000 loan workout and restructuring.
- Representation of a national banking association in a $3,500,000 real estate development loan.
- Corporate client’s $60,000,000 loan transaction secured by corporate real estate.
- Represented a client in a $22,500,000 loan transaction secured by corporate real estate and business assets.
- Automobile dealership in a $7,500,000 floor plan financing transaction.
- Represented clients in many acquisitions of automobile dealerships and their related real estate.
- Representation of a closely-held corporation in a shareholder buyout and the related corporate restructuring, including the coordination of the business valuation, shareholder notifications, authorizing resolutions, amended and restated shareholder agreement and the updating of the applicable corporate records.
- Represented a majority shareholder of beer distributor in the buyout of the minority shareholder’s interest and subsequent entity restructuring.
- Representation of a multi-state regional manufacturing supplier in the acquisition and merger of its affiliated entities.