- Real Estate, Development & Leasing
- Commercial Financing
- Business Entity Formation and Governance
- University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law, J.D.
- University of Wyoming, Ph.D.
- University of Cambridge, UK, M.Phil.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.S., Highest Distinction
- Ohio, 2019
- Arizona, 2004
- United States District Court for the District of Arizona, 2004
- United States Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit, 2005
- Pascua Yaqui Tribal Court, 2013
- Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory, AV® Preeminent Rating
- State Bar of Arizona
- CREW Network (Commercial Real Estate Women)
Rebecca joined Sonkin • Koberna in 2018 with experience representing clients in a wide range of real estate, finance and business transactions. She has substantial experience advising corporate and investor clients, investigating transactional due diligence, and negotiating and drafting purchase/sale agreements, contracts, leases, development, title, and financing documents.
Rebecca’s commercial real estate practice involves advising businesses and individuals during each stage of a transaction – from drafting and negotiating purchase and sale agreements, through coordinating and reviewing due diligence, negotiating financing documents, drafting management agreements, managing closings – and ultimately handling the disposition. Rebecca provides services to business clients as well, including entity formation, structuring, financing, governance and entity compliance, and represents their interests in connection with commercial contracts, including supply, vendor, power purchase, and non-disclosure agreements.
Rebecca is licensed in Ohio, Arizona, US District Court (Arizona), US Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit, and Pascua Yaqui Tribal Court.
- Represented retail center investment group in refinancing nine shopping centers
- Represented developer in land purchase, building and leasing of retail center
- Represented investor group in purchasing numerous single-tenant, stand-alone retail properties
- Represented university research park in ground-leasing seven sites in 200 acres for multiple-technology solar energy project development
- Assisted on placement of $187 million business operations and real estate loan for financial institution client